The Bothy, Shrubhill
THe Bothy Shrubhill
- Peace and tranquility. Privacy. Friendly owners.
- I was made to feel very welcome and it was a lovely location, calm and peaceful. The bothy felt very spacious (there was just me) and the bed was very comfortable. A lovely place to stay.
- Staying at Shrubhill was absolutely great; very nice hosts, fantastic appartment and very close to Doune. We can really recommend to stay there
- Eggs, bread & orange juice provided, which was all that was needed.
- It seems the most natural thing in the world to make yourself at home here. The bed was extra comfy. The host had thoughtfully not provided flakey croissants.
- The property was beautiful, tucked away from the road down the end of a long drive, standing all on its own as part of the main house, but our part was accessible without having to go through the main house. We had our own front door. It was peaceful, and the sitting room/kitchenette was perfectly equipped. Our hosts even provided the food basics such as butter, bread, milk, jams, eggs, cereals, teas and coffees. The bathroom was lovely and roomy with a perfect shower. They provided all the shower gels, shampoos, moisturiser, hair dryer etc. The sitting room was beautiful and perfect to relax in.
- Lovely cottage well equipped and very comfortable.
- Hospitality was wonderful, our every need was taken care of. Michaela gave great recommendations and the breakfast was delicious.
- The Bothy has been designed with great attention to detail, an artistic eye and lots of care. This means that our guest experience was delight. Thank you
- We loved everything, especially the wood burner. Shower was fantastic. Michaela is a brilliant host, very friendly and nothing was a bother. The accommodation was just so relaxing, just what the Dr ordered.
- This is my second time at the Bothy. The location is great, incredibly quiet off the beaten track without, but still only a few miles from the M9. This time the stove got lit and really warmed the place up for a cool autumn night.
- Nice welcome,peaceful and quiet. Gluten free bread provided as well as normal bread milk eggs orange juice and granola for breakfast
- Very quiet and peaceful location but not far from towns where there was plenty to see and do, such as Bridge if Allan, Dunblane and Stirling and the M9 isn't far to connect with the rest of Scotland. Hosts were very kind and helpful and wouldn't see you going short of any fresh eggs!
- Everything else - lovely place to relax in peace and comfort after a day exploring.
- All the little extras for our first night, milk, bread, butter, home made jam, cereal and fresh eggs. We both liked the style and decor and everything was comfortable and clean.
- Cosy cottage style apartment, wood burning stove, comfy bed and great WiFi
- This was a little out of the way which suited us perfectly. You would need your own transport to get here, situated on a farm added to the peaceful 'local' experience we enjoy. The beds were comfortable and the wood fire added to the cosy feeling of The Bothy. Our host was friendly and very approachable. There was a kitchenette which was well stocked with fresh eggs, milk, jam and bread. It was a straightforward drive from Edinburgh airport.
- A charming little apartment in a quiet idyll setting. Michaela, the owner, was welcoming and left us eggs, bread, homemade jam, milk etc. Very peaceful and extremely comfortable stay.
- the Bothy was well equipped, comfortable and very clean. the location was good for exploring the area. the hosts were pleasant and helpful.
- Cozy with nice surroundings. The host left some welcoming goodies in the flat which was a nice gesture. The flat is nice, but it's an upper floor with an external staircase. Log-burner was of good use as it was snowing. The flat has two twin single beds so not for tall people. There is a fitted kitchen but no oven and instead there is a small hob and a microwave. There is no dining area as it's used by the microwave and toaster but a big old sofa and a coffee table. The surroundings are beautiful and we were lucky to witness a very white morning, it was stunning. It's very easy to reach and close to motorway and Dunblane. There is a M&S nearby which was great.
- Very cozy little cottage, beautiful decoration, good breakfast. Although we didn’t have the chance to meet the owners, they made us feel like home! Loved the wood burning stove :) Would definitely come back!
- Lovely and homely, with a wood burner in the lounge and central heating throughout. Very friendly hosts and the house is situated in a lovely rural area.
- Beautiful area, very peaceful - and a lovely warm welcome
- Loved the fact that the property was tucked away, however a car is necessary. Also enjoyed the fact that food items for breakfast were provided.