- Very clean, bright, homely and comfortable place to stay. All kitchen utensils needed provided. Loved the hot water pressure with the shower and a very comfortable bed. All in walking distance to activities and eateries in Dunblane. Very pretty outlook from the top garden.
- Jo’s cottage is a gorgeous little hideaway in a fantastic location, right in the heart of Dunblane. Highlights were the amazing (huge!) Victoria and Albert bath in the bedroom, complete with luxury bath foam, as well as the beautiful views from the garden. Everything was spotlessly clean and new, with cute touches like homemade biscuits and fudge. Communication with Jo was always speedy and very informative of the local area - we loved brekkie and dinner at the local Riverside restaurant. We will be back! :-)
- Lovely presentation and very comfortable cottage
- Provide an electric fan as it gets quite warm on hot days and nights.
- Nice touches such as biscuits and toffee left for guests. Free standing bath was great
- The confirmation and communications with the Host (Jo), was plentiful, and therefore reassuring before we arrived, during and after our stay. Messages and emails were sent to my phone to make sure we were happy or needed anything. Having been recently refurbished it was in excellent condition and very well appointed with everything we needed. It is ideally located on a quiet narrow street (it was easier to park in the local cathedral car park 2 minutes walk away). Access to the town centre, plenty of nice walks for us as well as the dog, supermarkets and the usual pubs and places to eat was again within a couple of minutes. I recommend The Riverside Inn; we had fantastic weather, where we had the opportunity to sit outside on their decking area enjoying the sunshine and great food and drink. The local award winning butcher, Bennett’s, next to the roundabout where Andy Murray’s post box is, was also very accommodating. Providing off-cuts if ham for the dog. The pies are also excellent and I recommend them...we took one home with us. Dunblane itself is also ideally situated for visitors seeing the local attractions nearby towns etc. whether that’s via dual carriageway (minutes away), or the local train station where...Glasgow and Edinburgh are only approximately 45-50 minutes away to for somewhere else to visit. Overall, we had a great time.
- Super location, right in centre of Dunblane and a few minutes walk from station with frequent trains. Accommodation beautifully decorated with attention to detail everywhere. The owner Jo, welcomed us personally to check we had everything and provided information on local area which was very useful.
- My partner and I stayed here to attend a wedding at the Dunblane Hydro. After being delayed Jo came to a compromise for checking in that suited everyone and allowed us to arrive when we could. Leaving some delicious tablet and shortbread for us upon arrival the cottage was an amazing place to stay. The decor is amazing from the open plan living room/ kitchen to the romantic bath located in the bedroom. I loved the book that each person staying had an opportunity to leave a short note about their stay and all the recommendatioins that have been provided. Everything from taxi facilities to the best food locations. The cottage is an amazing place and our only regret is not staying there longer.
- The cottage is great place to stay, everything is done to such a high standard to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Jo is a great host and helped with recommendations for food and drink nearby. Would highly recommend this is as a place to stay for a night as we did or for a few days if you want to explore the surrounding area.
- Loved being in a village setting. Near to restaurants, shops and the church. Bed was comfortable. Liked the wood stove.
- Loved the peacefulness, the Victoria & Albert Bath, the wood burning stove and the comfortable bed.
- The cottage was perfect for our stay. A lot of thought and care has been put into making it a genuinely cosy and romantic place to stay.
- Great location, cottage was beautifully decorated and very clean. Jo was super at suggesting places to eat and we really appreciate the milk in the fridge when we got there :-)
- A beautiful little cottage (big on the inside) Very clean and very homely .. Jo was also very lovely when she showed us round.. Would certainly stay there again.
- Comfort and attention to detail. Bath very luxurious, bed and bedding first class. Location on a quiet street near the cathedral was ideal.
- Amazing cottage and welcoming lovely host. Perfect cottage for us and our dog. Wonderful garden, location and the bath is fabulous as it looks in the photo.
- A high end home from home . Immaculately and tastefully laid out .
- The cottage was fresh and clean and decorated beautifully in a perfect location round the corner from the cathedral, shops, bars and restaurants . The free -standing bath in the bedroom was amazing ! The owner was lovely and told us all we needed to know about the cottage and what she had left for us ie milk in fridge, tea/coffee, tablet and shortbread (homemade) and how to operate cooker etc. The gardens out back had amazing views ! A great 2 night stay and would thoroughly recommend and definitely return . Perfect weekend , we loved it .
- Could not fault the our accommodation, was everything and more than advertised, Also with home made produce left for use to use. Very central for visiting surrounding area. Family and friends already recommended for a visit.
- The Cottage was perfect for a quiet relaxing weekend. Everything about the property was amazing from the location to all the personal touches that made it a cosy home from home. Lucky that the weather was so lovely so we could enjoy the garden terrace and views of Dunblane . Added bonus was the friendly neighbours and Rory the dog!! Gorgeous big tub in the bedroom was perfect way to relax at the end of the day. Communication with Jo was excellent and we will definitely be back to enjoy the wood burning in the winter time. Will be recommending The Cottage to friends and family.
- the whole cottage was flawless couldn't fault it
- Idyllic cottage in a gorgeous setting. The Cottage is highly Recommended, very nicely fitted out with everything a traveller could desire in a home from home environment. Superb facilities. The host was super helpful and ensured my stay was as good as possible. You will not be disappointed with the Cottage.
- The Cottage is a beautiful holiday home in a great location. The host could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. It was a last minute booking and I’m so glad we chose The Cottage. It exceeded expectations and we would go back in a heartbeat.
- The cottage was spotless renovated to high standards. Jo was the perfect host . We will return.